Athens Insurance Employee Benefit clients are assigned a team of specialists who are dedicated to providing you resources to serve your needs. We pride ourselves on excellent service, and are dedicated to using our expertise to meet your company’s benefit objectives. Our goal is to help you save time and money through efficient implementation and management of your benefit programs, and to anticipate and fulfill your needs and concerns.
Athens Insurance will make sure your employee benefits plan is delivering the desired results, is a cost-effective strategy, and is the best plan among alternatives.
Typical day-to-day services you can expect from your Athens Insurance team include:
- Coordinate activities relating to the employee benefit programs including but not limited to medical, health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs), health savings accounts (HSAs), dental, life, short term disability, long term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts (FSAs), long term care, and voluntary products such as cancer, critical illness, accident, etc.
- Communicate with human resources or benefits staff regarding benefit program changes and issues; timely response to inquiries; facilitate resolution of claim issues
- Plan design analysis and benefit cost analysis
- Network disruption analysis
- Review and implement cost containment procedures where applicable
- Meetings with executives and/or human resources staff as requested and agreed upon regular intervalsProvide compliance expertise and resources for COBRA, HIPAA, Section 125, FMLA, Health Care Reform, Employee Handbooks, etc.; ongoing assistance with state and federal mandates
- Market trend reviews
- Customize employee communications (annual open enrollment letters/packets, employee benefit guides, new hire packets, etc.)
- Ensure efficient implementation of policy changes with carriers
- Renewal analysis and marketing; negotiate rates with carriers as appropriate
- Renewal presentation to include benefit comparison and plan alternatives as appropriate
- Review contracts for accuracy
- Provide resources for provider questions or issues
- Provide periodic newsletters/compliance updates for management and benefits staff
- Coordinate enrollment of employees and dependents; provide annual open enrollment meetings if requested
- Educate benefits staff on new administrative procedures
- Implement HR technology tools
- Help implement wellness initiatives
- Individualized face-to-face meetings with executives on their executive benefits
- Retiree Drug Subsidy Assistance
- We offer an annual health fair for clients employees and their families. Testing is filed through the medical plan and counseling with health issues and concerns is offered at no charge.